Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm not working with Kamal: Shriya Saran

As a policy, Shriya Saran talks about a new film only after she's signed on the dotted line. Naturally, it irks her when rumours of her being paired with a different actor surface every other day. "At the moment, I am supposed to be in talks to star with Kamal Hassan and Karthi, but none of that is true. Everyone just keeps speculating. 

I'd love to work with both these actors, but I haven't signed any project opposite either of these men. Reports of me having had a script narration with director Selvaraghan for Viswaroopam are ridiculous. I've not yet seen the script," says Shriya, who was in the city recently to fulfil her ambassador duties for the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL). 

The actress, who is busy with her Tamil film Rowthiram with Jiiva, has just wound up Deepa Mehta's adaptation of Midnight's Children, titled Winds of Change. And while she maintains that she has an important role in the film, she has signed a no-disclosure bond. "I'm not allowed to speak about the project until Deepa gives me the go ahead. But yes, I had a blast working with her and the rest of the cast," says Shriya. Winds of Change also stars Soha Ali Khan, Shabana Azmi and Rahul Bose, among others. But while Shriya is unwilling to divulge just how much screen space she actually got with the rest of the cast, she does admit to having met all of them. "I met the entire cast of the film as we had extensive workshops before shooting actually began," is all she adds. 

Meanwhile, her film with Jiiva, she says, is shaping up well. "We've been having a lot of fun on the set. The film's being shot at some exotic locations. I have to shoot for the film for another two days and then it's a wrap," says Shriya. 

After Rowthiram, the only other film keeping her busy is the much-delayed Malayalam film Casanova. Ask her about the delay and Shriya rolls her eyes in disbelief. "I have no clue why it's getting delayed like this. We are hoping to finish it soon, though," she signs off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment