Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm still No.1: Ramya

It seems that Sandalwood's self-proclaimed No. 1 actress Ramya has taken the item-number route to success. However, it doesn't seem to have gone down very well with her fans. 

The actress, who has shaken a leg for the song Don't Know You Know I'm Very Sexy in the upcoming Vijay-starrer Johnny Mera Naam, is seen sporting midriff-baring outfits in the song. However, Ramya denies that the track is an item number. "It's a situational song that's ultra-glam. The song is shot well and is not vulgar. Besides, I'm the heroine of the film. So how I can be part of an item number?" she asks. 

According to the actress, the song is very different from her previous films. "I've put a lot of effort into the film, especially for the songs. I went on a strict diet to look slim. There's another song sequence that has been shot under water. It's a romantic number and is something I've never attempted before," she says. 

There is also much speculation about whether Ramya is actually doing the Yogi-starrer Siddlingu as she has accepted and rejected the project a number of times. "Initially, I accepted the film, but I had date problems, which is why I refused it later. But the director came back to me with reworked dialogues. Yogi also expressed his desire to work with me. I did not want to disappoint them and I've decided to accommodate my dates for the movie," she reveals. 

After a string of flops, the actress is happy that Sanju Weds Geetha is doing well at the box office. "I've been in the industry for nine years, but I remain Sandalwood's number one actress. Even newcomers say they want to become a heroine like me, and that makes me very happy," says Ramya. And it seems that her claims of being the ruling heroine of Kannada cinema are justified — she is reportedly the highest paid actress in the industry as she gets `32 lakh per film. "I don't need to mention the figure. But I was told that I get paid the most. Also, I don't go around asking what other heroines are getting. But I deserve this money for my 
popularity," she says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment